Do you need a copy of your prior year tax return or a supplemental form (W-2, 1099-R) that was already filed with the IRS? You can request transcripts of your prior year tax returns or of your employment records for a single or for multiple years.
Completing the request only takes a few minutes and you can expect to receive your documents within two business days. The fee to obtain your records for a single year is $99.99 and $164.95 for multiple prior years.* including:
- Form 1040, Form 1040A, or Form 1040EZ
- Form W-2, Form W-2G, and Form 1099-Misc
- Form 1099-R and Form SSA-1099
- Form 1041 (Schedule K-1), Form 1065, and Form 1120S
- Form 1099-A, Form 1099-B, and Form 1099-C
- Form 1098, Form 1098-C, Form 1098-E, and Form 1098-T
Current year W-2 forms and other such forms may not be available for retrieval until later in the tax season.