Can I claim my boyfriend as a dependent?

You cannot claim your boyfriend or girlfriend as a qualifying child. But you may be able to claim them as a qualifying relative, provided they lived with you all year as a member of your household, made less than $3,700, and received more than half of their support from you. They must also meet the other requirements for a qualifying relative. Refer to “Who qualifies as a dependent?” for further details.