Priortax 9.0 10 1669 877-289-7580 File your current 2018 and prior year federal and state returns going back through 2005 Priortax Logo $ 1460 Broadway 10036 New York, New York,

I worked more than one job in more than one state during the tax year; how should I file my taxes?

You have to report and pay tax on all of your income, from all of your jobs, so be sure to record income from every W-2 or 1099. As for multiple states, you need to file a return for every state in which you lived or earned income. File as a Resident for the state in which you lived, and as a Nonresident for states in which you worked. Make sure you claim the taxes paid to one state on the other state’s return, to prevent yourself from being taxed twice.