PriorTax | IND-509


Spouse SSN in the return must not be equal to a dependent SSN on this tax return or on another tax return.

Fix #1: This commonly occurs when a parent has already filed a return and had it accepted with your spouse reported as a dependent. In this case, the parent would need to amend their accepted return and resubmit without the dependent claimed. 

Fix #2: This can also occur if the information was entered incorrectly. If this is the case, sign into your PriorTax account and follow the on-screen instructions to make the necessary changes and resubmit to the IRS.