PriorTax | What if I make a mistake? What if you do?

What if I make a mistake? What if you do?

  • If you make a mistake in the process of entering your information, simply erase the entry and type the correct one in the appropriate box.
  • If you realized you made a mistake, or just believe you made one in a previous section, click the back button to return to that section and correct your entry.
  • If you’ve completed your return and e-filed it, but then recall you entered the wrong information or missed a deduction, you must contact us as soon as you can. There may still be a possibility that the return could be corrected if the IRS has not yet received it. These corrections would be made free of charge.
  • However, if you’ve e-filed with us, and your return has been accepted by the IRS, but you need to make changes your only option is to file an amended return by filing Form 1040X. The fee for this service is $40.
  • Taxpayers filing a prior year they missed who are required by the IRS to do so by mail can contact us for changes to their return free of charge provided they have not yet mailed out the copy of their past return to government.

  • The PriorTax team does everything it can to ensure your return is prepared as accurately as possible. Mistakes, however rare, can occur. In such a case, you should reach out to us as soon as possible. We will work promptly to correct the error and expedite the amended return to you for your approval and signature.