What should I do about a change of address?

You need to let the IRS know if you change your permanent address. If it’s tax time, all you have to do is fill in your new address in the address section of your return. To inform the IRS of your change of address at another time of year, file Form 8822 [Change of Address]. If your address change also affects children of yours who are taxpayers, file a separate Form 8822 for each of them.