E-File Your 2021 Taxes Now!
Complete it within minutes.
Start your 2021 tax return online and submit it for e-file.*
The IRS will accept e-filed returns on January 31, 2022 through October 15, 2022. You may still prepare your 2021 taxes using our website and e-file once it is available. You may also opt to paper-file your tax return using our site. The federal e-file tax deadline is Monday, October 17.
Here’s what you need to know about using Priortax:
- E-filing your tax return has never been easier.
Your tax refund or tax due will automatically be calculated within your account while entering your tax information. All you need to do is provide your basic information, income statements, deductions, credits and submit your account for e-file!
- File now, and pay later!
Unlike other tax sites, you can contact our tax experts by phone, email or live chat for free if you need basic tax advice. For in-depth reviews, you can purchase a professional review or CPA review service for a phone consultation.
- Move at your own pace.
Before submitting your tax return information for e-file, you can save your changes and log back in to continue where you left off.
- Get basic free tax filing advice.
If you’re confused about your tax situation before finalizing our return, reach out to us at our email, live chat, or give us a call. For complex tax returns, purchase a professional review or a CPA review to ensure your tax return is not at risk for a potential tax audit.
Important Tax dates:
- January 1, 2022 is the first day you can start on your 2021 tax return with us.
- January 24, is when the IRS starts accepting e-filed tax returns.
- April 18, 2022 is the last day to file, request a tax extension, and pay if you owe taxes to the IRS.
- October 15, 2022 is the tax extension deadline.
- October 31, 2022 is the last day that you can e-file your 2021 tax return.
- From November 1, 2022 to January 30, 2023, 2021 tax returns must be paper filed.
- E-filing of 2021 tax returns resumes on January 31, 2023
- From November 1, 2023 to January 30, 2024, 2021 tax returns must be paper filed.
- E-filing of 2021 tax returns resumes on January 31, 2024
- On November 1, 2024, e-filing of 2021 tax returns will be closed for good.
- April 15, 2025 is the last day that you can claim your 2021 tax refund.
How to get started
Simply, select your tax year from the drop down menu to create a username and password. Enter your basic information such as your name, social security number, address, filing status, and more. Gather your income statements to enter your sources of income. After that, claim your deductions. We’ll let you know what credits you’re eligible for. Then, submit your tax return for e-file! Our customer service representatives are here to assist you if you have any questions.