Blog Home

April 15, 2014 is the Last Day to Claim your 2010 Tax Refund

April 15, 2014 is the Last Day to Claim your 2010 Tax Refund

April 15, 2014 is the last day to file your 2010 tax return and claim your refund. For those with an extension, the deadline is October 15, 2014.

You may have April 15, 2014 on your mind as the deadline to file your 2013 taxes. April 15, 2014 is not only the deadline to file your 2013 taxes, but it is the deadline to file your 2010 taxes and receive your tax refund.

The statute of limitations allows up to three years for taxpayers to claim a tax refund. That means, any refunds outside of the three-year limit will not be granted. File your 2010 taxes online with PriorTax and receive your 2010 refund.

How do I file my 2010 taxes in 2014?

To file your 2010 taxes in 2014, simply create an account on PriorTax for the 2010 tax year. Once you finish, be sure to submit. Our team of tax experts will review your account for accuracy. Once reviewed your return will be available for download. You’ll have to print the return and mail it to the IRS.  It may take the IRS up to 12 weeks to process your 2010 tax refund.

Before filing, you should be familiar with the 2010 tax rates. The 2010 tax rates vary from the current year tax brackets. The 2010 tax table for those filing as single and married filing separately is below.


Tax Brackets 2010


What are the 2010 Tax Credits?

Before filing your 2010 taxes, it’s also a good idea to make a list of 2010 tax credits you can claim. Tax credits for the 2010 tax year include the Making Work Pay Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, American Opportunity Credit, Adoption Credit, Health Coverage Tax credit, First-time Homebuyer Credit, and Credit for Federal Tax on Fuels.

For the 2010 tax year, if qualified, you can also claim the EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit). You may claim the EITC if in 2010, your income fell below;

  • $13,460 ($18,470 married filing jointly) and you had no qualifying children
  • $35,535 ($40,545 married filing jointly) and one qualifying child
  • $40,363 ($45,373 married filing jointly) and two qualifying children
  • $43,252 ($48,362 married filing jointly) and three or more qualifying children

File 2010 taxes online today. You have until April 15 of this year to file your 2010 tax return or you won’t be able to receive your 2010 tax refund. PriorTax offers late tax filing for 2010. Get your 2010 taxes out of the way today and file today!

2/3/2014 Photo via Jon Parise on Flickr

Tags: ,

4 Responses to “April 15, 2014 is the Last Day to Claim your 2010 Tax Refund”

  1. Garron Woodruff says:

    I need to file 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 taxes. I have most of my records together and we don’t have many medical expenses, mostly dental checkups and cleaning. Will you be able to analyze our situation and file according to what works best for us as far as filing jointly or taking standard deductions? I am retired, age 71, wife is 60 and still working part time. We have a primary residence and another house our daughter lives in. Our returns should be fairly easy to calculate since we don’t have a lot of tax issues, from our point of view. Your rates seem reasonable compared to what it would cost locally and I assume rates are not on a sliding scale which costs more as I proceed. Once I get started putting all my info into your system I want to be confident things will go well with no surprises. So if there is something hidden behind the scenes please tell me now. As you know there are many ways to fool someone these days when using an unknown web site. We live in Arvada, CO, next to Denver.
    Thank you, I will look forward to your reply. Garron.

    • admin says:

      Hi Garron,

      It sounds like the standard deduction will be best for you to take, considering you do not have a lot to report. The only thing I can think of to advise you of before you get started, is that when you file your prior year taxes (2010, 2011, 2012), our Federal and State return packages are each $34.95 or you can get a combined package for $49.99. As you may have noticed, the current year (2013) pricing is lower than the prior year pricing. If you would like to learn more, here is a link to the prior year pricing page and current year pricing page.

      Also, you can actually create an account and get started right away, you won’t have to pay until you are finished and ready to submit.

      Please know, when you are filing any of your taxes, don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have via phone, live chat or e-mail. Our team of tax experts will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and help you with your return.

      Best of luck!

  2. Rosie says:

    Hi I just mailed my 2010 return on April 15 th by certified mail at the post office.
    That was the only forgotten return. A accountant friend did it. Shows
    a refund of 2900. Then I recd a notice saying I under reported and if so I owe 3000
    I did that one myself. It was a bad year we lost our son and my mind was not all there
    The accountant filed an extension for the current due 2013 while I mailed 2010 and he’s looking at 2011
    Under reporting . I have till April 28 2014
    To enter payment plan or dispute.
    Im thinking enter a pmt plan and payoff with 2010 refund
    And should have a refund for 2013 that we can keep free and clear.
    So do you think I did the right thing? Sorry it’s so long and thank you.

    • admin says:

      Hi Rosie,

      I’m so sorry to hear about your son. It seems like you’re saying you did the following;

        filed your 2010 return on April 15th
        requested an extension for your 2013 return
        requested your accountant to review your 2011 return for under-reporting?

      If so, all sounds good. Just be sure to file your 2013 return by the extension deadline- October 15th. You can do so on PriorTax.

Leave a Reply